Updated December 16th, 2022.
Are you planning your dream wedding in Portland, Oregon? Look no further!
I’ve compiled a list of the most breathtaking wedding venues in the city, ranging from charming barns and rustic warehouses to picturesque waterfalls and stunning coastlines.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic A-Frame in the woods or a whimsical outdoor setting, Portland has it all.
And the best part?
I’ve personally shot at almost every single one of these venues, so I can give you the inside scoop on what makes each one special.
Don’t see your dream venue on the list? Leave a comment and I’ll be sure to add it, along with example images, blog posts, or galleries to give you a better idea of what it looks like. Happy planning!
If you have any questions or want to know my thoughts on a particular venue, please contact me.
What are the Best Indoor Portland Wedding Venues?
- Union/Pine – (blog post)
This lovely warehouse space near the waterfront is one of my favorites. There are multiple nearby portrait locations, the venue is gorgeous and has nice light throughout the entire day. It’s indoor, but the receptions often spill out onto the sidewalk area.
- Cooper’s Hall
Just down the street from Union/Pine is another great location in SE. The bar is gorgeous and the cafe lights inside have a beautiful ambiance at night. The wine barrels are also a nice touch.
- Yale Union
This historic art space is a lovely spot for a wedding. Also located in industrial SE Portland.
- Left Bank Annex
This large warehouse space has modern interior and a spacious dance floor. It is large enough to handle decently sized weddings (it is approved for over 900 people!)
- The Evergreen – (blog post)
Another historic warehouse space on the East side. The balcony area is great for grabbing photos from above or a grand entrance to your ceremony or reception.
- Eastside Exchange
This venue has one of the best roof top views in all of Portland. It’s the perfect spot for a ceremony or small reception. There is another space on the floor below if you need to fit more people!
- The Benson Hotel
This upscale hotel in downtown Portland looks like it is out of a movie. The building is classy and historic. One of my favorite portrait locations is the golden doorway at the bank across the street.
- The Castaway
This large warehouse space in NW Portland is a great location for an indoor wedding. It’s close to Forest Park if you’d like to sneak away for portraits. There is also a nursery next door that will allow you to rent out their space for a quick portrait session or possibly cocktail hour.
- Elysian Ballroom – The Elysian Ballroom is known for its elegant and sophisticated atmosphere, making it a perfect setting for any special occasion.
- Ecotrust Building – It was built in 2003 and is known for its environmentally sustainable design, featuring elements such as green roofs and energy-efficient systems. It’s in the center of the Pearl and offers great portrait locations in the nearby area.
- Portland Art Museum
This is a lovely location for a wedding, but be careful with portraits in the Museum. Even after clearing the ability to take photos inside the museum with staff before booking, I’ve had clients be turned away at the door.
- Silcox Hut
This is technically indoors, but you’re at over 7000′ elevation on the side of Mt.Hood. It’s accessible by snowcat during the winter and dirt road in the summer. The portrait opportunities around it are immense. The Hut itself is perfect for intimate weddings and receptions. The decor is perfect 1960’s mountain cabin. The food is also surprisingly incredible.
- Jacobsen Salt Factory – This large warehouse space is perfect for weddings looking for an old-Portland vibe.
- The Jupiter Hotel – With its trendy atmosphere and urban chic decor, it’s the perfect setting for a modern and memorable event.
- Barn Kestrel – A lovely historic home and barn tucked into the farmland near West Linn.
Outdoor Wedding Venues in Portland
- Cathedral Park (pictured, right)
This lovely park under the St. John’s Bridge makes for the perfect elopement or even wedding ceremony spot.
- Hoyt Arboretum
One of my favorite places in Forest Park, this area has beautiful Red Wood trees, a great A-Frame structure, and endless trails for portraits.
- Mt. Hood Organic Farms (blog post)
This venue outside of Hood River has the best view of Mt. Hood in the area, a true stunner.
- Leach Botanical Garden
This venue is somewhat of a hidden gem in the Portland area. It has lovely historic structures and incredibly scenic grounds.
- Lewis & Clark College (blog post)- The stunning grounds give a European garden feel.
- Horning’s Hideout – Hornings Hideout is a picturesque wedding venue located in the stunning countryside of North Plains, Oregon. With its rustic charm and natural beauty, it’s the perfect setting for a romantic outdoor ceremony.
- Skamania Lodge – Skamania Lodge is a breathtaking wedding venue located in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in Washington. Surrounded by lush forest and featuring stunning views of the river and surrounding mountains, it’s the perfect setting for a romantic outdoor ceremony.
- Suttle Lodge – Nestled in the forest alongside Suttle Lake, it offers a rustic charm and natural beauty that is sure to make your special day unforgettable.
- Vernonia Springs – Vernonia Springs is a charming and rustic wedding venue located in the lush forests of Vernonia, Oregon. On site camping is a huge plus!
- The Griffin House (Hood River) – This is a new favorite, located on a cliff overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. See why in the blog post.
Small Wedding Venues in Portland, Oregon
- Fermenter – The venue I picked for my wedding. A vegan tasting menu done by the most talented vegan chef in Portland.
- Coopers Hall Northeast – A great new venue by the wonderful people of Cooper’s Hall.
Winery Wedding Venues in Oregon
- Domaine de Broglie Vineyard
- Gorge Crest Vineyards (Blog Post)
- Saffron Fields Vineyard
- Laurel Ridge Winery
- Zenith Vineyard
- Beacon Hill Winery
- Ponzi Vineyards
- Maysara Winery
Inexpensive or Free Wedding Venues in Oregon
- Portland Parks
- Silver Falls State Park
- McMenamins Edgefield
- A Woods Cove
- Cannon Beach
- The Columbia River Gorge (under 50-75 people, depending on location)
Hotels for Getting Ready in Portland, Oregon
- Ace Hotel – This trendy and hip hotel located in Portland’s popular Pearl District, features a stylish lobby, a great bar and a variety of unique guest rooms.
- The Sentinel – A luxurious hotel located in the heart of downtown Portland, featuring elegant guest rooms.
- The Nines – A chic and sophisticated hotel located in the heart of downtown Portland, featuring luxurious guest rooms and a rooftop bar with 360-degree views of the city.
- Hotel DeLuxe – A retro-inspired hotel located in Portland’s popular Southwest District, featuring stylish guest rooms and a popular on-site cocktail bar.
- Hotel Lucia – A chic and modern hotel located in the heart of downtown Portland.
- The Jupiter Hotel – A trendy and stylish hotel located in Portland’s popular Eastside, featuring a variety of unique guest rooms and a popular on-site bar and music venue.
- The Society Hotel – A historic and charming hotel located in Portland’s Old Town neighborhood, featuring cozy guest rooms.
AirBnB’s in Portland
I have a curated list of AirBNB’s in Oregon that would be perfect to stay in or have small elopements.
You are a great photographer! Some of your pictures just took my breath away. Truly inspiring!
This is perfect, and I’m kicking myself for not reaching out when I was in Portland last year. Appreciate this man!
My daughter is getting married at The Water Oasis in Newberg, OR. The wedding is scheduled for end of July, 2021 as she had to postpone from last July due to COVID-19. We are so excited to decorate the venue and get her and her fiancé married!!!☀️
Such amazing and beautiful wedding venues.
Fantastic info, and amazing work! So many gorgeous venues!
Great wedding venues in portland!